Bristols Cider started as a branch of the Lone Madrone Winery owned and operated by brother and sister Neil and Jackie along with Neil’s wife, Marci. Their ciders are all made from select varieties of local apples, primarily from See Canyon and Paso Robles. All of their ciders begin as 100% apple juice then fermented on the native yeasts of the fruit. They ferment different ciders in different casks: some in retired Bourbon casks, some in retired white wine barrels, but most in stainless steel.
About the Cider Makers
Jackie and Neil Collins grew up in the town of Bristol in the West Country of England, which is very much cider country. When Neil moved to California, he was disappointed to find none of the traditional beverage that was abundant in his hometown. So in 1994, Neil began making small batches of cider from local apples under the name Bristols. Since that time, Bristols Cider has evolved into a renowned local brand showcasing an extensive line up of incredible ciders.
- ABV: 8.0%
- Tasting Notes: Dry hopped with English hops, this 100% Granny Smith cider is bottle conditioned with a saison yeast. It has a lager-like nose with a great fresh smoothness and elegance attributed to the way Granny Smiths don’t overpower the senses.
- Website: http://www.bristolscider.com
- Email: Info@BristolsCider.com
- FB/Instagram/Twitter: @bristolsciderhouse
- Tasting Room: 3220 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA 93422
Located in western Miramar in beautiful San Diego, California, is Guthrie CiderWorks. The plan to start a cidery began just a few years ago after the owners, Horacio and Sara Devoto visited San Diego on vacation. In just the past few years, they have purchased a 3,000 sq ft facility and have begun operations creating delicious ciders. They use only locally grown apples found in the foothills of San Diego County. As a brand new cidery, Guthrie CiderWorks only has one variety of cider, but has plans to craft many more delectable varieties in the near future!
About the Cider Makers
Horacio and Sara Devoto are the couple behind Guthrie CiderWorks. Sara fell in love with this golden beverage while visiting family in England. Her side of the family is where the Guthrie name comes from. Horacio is from Argentina, where he would rarely drink cider. However, after meeting Sara, he quickly became a seasoned cider drinker. They first began experimenting with cider making in their home basement back in Minnesota. When the Devotos visited and fell in love with San Diego, they knew they had to follow their dreams to move to the city and open their very own cidery.
- ABV: 7.7%
- Tasting Notes: This cider is crisp, dry, and very enjoyable. It has a great fruit forward taste that adds to its complex flavor and is perfect for just about any meal.
- Website: http://www.guthriecider.com
- Email: email@example.com
- FB/Instagram/Twitter: @guthrieciderworks
- Tasting Room: Coming soon!
You can find both of these great ciders on our website RIGHT NOW! Visit our online Cider Shop!