Swilled Dog Cider
Walk The Dog
Swilled Dog Cider is a family-owned cidery located in the small town of Franklin, West Virginia. They launched in 2016 with the goal of sharing their passion for making flavorful cider with friends and family, while making an impact on the local communities as well. They have pledged to give one percent of sales to charitable giving. In addition to their 1,100 square foot cidery, Swilled Dog also has plans to plant 130 apple trees in the near future while leaving room to plant thousands more. They have been recognized across the country and even abroad for producing award winning ciders that many people have come to love.
About the Cider Makers
Swilled Dog Cider was founded by the Glover family. Brad and his wife, Brooke, lead most of the operations, but they have plenty of help from Brad’s two sisters and their families. They all contribute and work on pressing the apples and making the cider. Making cider is a local tradition for the Glover family. After years of producing small batches of cider with friends and family in their basements, they decided it was the right time to open their very own cidery. The name “Swilled Dog Cider” comes from the family’s love of all animals. Their logo and bottle art was created by a local artist and depicts a dog that looks quite similar to the family’s many border collies.
- ABV: 6.0%
- Tasting Notes: Walk the Dog is Swilled Dog’s flagship, semi-dry cider meant to be enjoyed all year long. This cider offers a bright, refreshing finish that will keep you wanting more.
- Website: http://www.swilleddog.com
- Email: email@example.com
- FB/Instagram/Twitter: @swilleddog
- Tasting Room: 639 Elm Street, Franklin, WV 26807
Far West Cider
Orchard Blend No. 1
Far West Cider was founded in 2016 in Richmond, California by Adam Chinchiolo. They have a beautiful location in a large building right on the water, next to the shipping docks. Far West Cider’s goal is to create food-oriented ciders that really belong on the table, even next to good wines. All of the apples used in their cider are sourced from Adam’s family farm called Chinchiolo Family Farms in San Joaquin County, California. Far West Cider has won a 2017 Good Food Award and recently received a 2018 Good Food Award too!
About the Cider Maker
Adam Chinchiolo worked as an executive in San Francisco before starting Far West Cider, but he’s been making cider as a hobby for a long time. After tinkering around for a few years with different cider making techniques, he decided that it was time to begin a full blown business when he couldn’t fit any more cider in his garage. The Chinchiolo Family Farms has been in operation for over 90 years, so Adam wanted to help the family. Making cider allowed him to work in the family business while still pursuing his passion. A lot of fruit is wasted on apple farms because of imperfections, but Adam realized that these apples still make fantastic cider, and Far West Cider proves it!
- ABV: 6.2%
- Tasting Notes: Orchard Blend No.1 uses a combination of GoldRush, Cripps Pink and Granny Smith apples grown on Chinchiolo Family Farms. It is fermented with Champagne yeast at very low temperatures and aged for greater complexity. It’s fruit-forward, sparkling, and just barely semi-sweet with great acid balance.
- Website: http://www.farwestcider.com
- Email: Contact on website
- FB/Instagram/Twitter: @farwestcider
- Tasting Room: 1325 Canal Boulevard, Richmond, CA 94804
You can find both of these great ciders on our website RIGHT NOW! Visit our online Cider Shop!